Saturday, November 1, 2008

20 Pounds of Emotions

Quote of the day:
“Because your body and mine are one, they are in intimate communication with each other. You can look at your body and gain insight into the quality of your thinking; and you can look at your thinking to determine how to shape and direct your body. Doesn’t a healthy tree produce healthy fruit? Just so, when your thoughts are healthy, your body reflects this condition. Conversely when you are ill, it may be helpful to examine the state of your mind or the state of your beliefs to locate the cause…” Seven Steps to Inner Power, by Dr Tae Yun Kim

This is just my personal experience – but at one point about 10 years ago I was about 20 pounds heavier than I am now. The weight crept on over about 2 years time. At the time it just seemed like nothing I could do would change it, that it was out of my control, but now, looking back I realize the weight wasn’t just physical weight. At that time I was going through a lot of emotions and bad relationships - all of that ended up literally reflected in my body.

When I finally started decided I didn’t like the weight and wanted to change it, I dieted and lost about half the weight. But the last 10 pounds just wouldn’t come off. It didn’t seem to matter how much I worked out (I go to classes at Jung SuWon), or tried to watch what I ate – the last 10 pounds wouldn’t budge.

Then one day, about a year later – I had a revelation about my emotions for the last few years (about the years I started to gain weight, where I was then). I felt like an emotional weight suddenly left me.

And then the last 10 pounds came off in the next month. I didn’t really change any thing that I was doing, didn’t work out more (I train at JungSuWon - its awesome!), I didn’t eat differently .. my mind had suddenly cleared and so my body then cleared the last extra weight!

So if you’re stuck with that last 5 pounds, or stuck with extra weight – maybe some of it is like what I saw in my life. Look at your life, how do you feel about it, what’s in it, what makes you happy, what causes you stress and emotion --- maybe working on losing that ‘weight’ in your life will help you physically too!

No comments: