Saturday, November 1, 2008

Listen to your Inner Words...

Here’s a thought for the day:
“Listen to your inner words. Frequently check to make sure you’re talking positively about yourself. If you find a monologue running that goes…I’ll never make it…I’m no good.. nobody wants me… I have nothing to offer… on and on .. then you need to consciously stop and consciously create new words. I am succeeding… My talent is valuable… what ever you need to say to help you on your way, not hinder you” The First Element, by Dr. Tae Yun Kim

Today I’m only going to tell myself positive things about myself. Today I’m not going to let myself put myself down.

...Yet even just writing that I find those at best-neutral if not negative thoughts I have about myself and what I can do, seem to just about always be there! :)

I remember Great Grandmaster Dr Tae Yun Kim teaching in Jung SuWon class, think about what you say in your mind about yourself to yourself every day--- If someone else said that out loud to you, you’d be really angry and upset – yet because its your thought in your head, you let yourself take it in.

So, today, I’m going to fight my thoughts and only let myself think good things about myself! Why don’t you try too?

No comments: